News and notes from around the interweb:
- Delta will stop offering complimentary elite upgrades on New York JFK – Seattle and New York JFK – San Diego effective April 1 and New York JFK – Las Vegas May 1 as they will be classifying these routes as premium business class.
- Company apologizes after Tokyo commuter train leaves 20 seconds early. This won’t surprise anyone that’s flown a Japanese airline, where a 2 minute delay elicits an announcement (“We apologize for inconvenience caused”).
- Man tried to stow away on an easyJet flight by hiding in the lavatory
- California residents earn 5000 bonus Alaska miles for registering for Mileage Plan and taking a flight. Alaska and Southwest are duking it out over California.
- Why tipping Uber drivers doesn’t raise driver pay
- LOT Polish Airlines will fly to Singapore. Another option for a European connection to Southeast Asia.