News and notes from around the interweb:
- Free Caesars Total Rewards Platinum — matches to Wyndham Platinum for active duty military and veterans (HT: Doctor of Credit)
- Via Airline Weekly, Ryanair had a 40% operating margin excluding special items in the third quarter. Amazing. (Their fourth quarter will presumably take a hit from flight cancellations driven by a pilot shortage.)
- Delta award sale from 5500 miles each way. This concedes of course that there’s a regular price, an award chart as it were, that Delta just hides from you. Book domestic coach by December 9 for travel between November 28 and December 16.
- Emotional support squirrel no word if he flies with it though. (HT Paul H.)
- The CEOs of Alaska and Hawaiian Airlines get together to fly a plane that helped start both airlines
- JetBlue compensates passenger with a $50 voucher after being bitten by a dog during check-in at Orlando.
- United’s trip report from its final 747 flight
- A bird actually stuck to an American Airlines plane and dangled from it as it landed in Miami. It’s the dangling part that’s unusual.
BIRD STRIKE: An American Airlines plane get a bird stuck in its nose cone while landing in Miami. pic.twitter.com/JeAZeYYjUV
— ABC World News Now (@abcWNN) November 15, 2017