News and notes from around the interweb:
- Southwest Monkey will monitor Southwest Airlines for price drops, useful because Southwest has no change fees you can cancel and rebook at a lower price. They take a portion of the savings. Countdown to Southwest legal department cease and desist letter in 5, 4, 3… (HT: toomanybooks)
- Buy United miles for 1.13 to 1.3 cents apiece
- The most flown-over state is Virginia, not what you think of as flyover country.
- 50% bonus on points transfers from hotel programs to Cathay Pacific AsiaMiles however neither Marriott nor Starwood transfers are included. (HT: IadisGr8)
- One of the most cronyist parts of the American economy is airport concessions. And one of the most cronyist airports is Atlanta, where the airport general manager was fired last year for not kowtowing to political influence in awarding contracts. So this piece on political contributions by airport vendors isn’t at all surprising.
- The best signs people have held for arriving passengers at the airport
- Uber is offering some customers ‘premium phone support’.