News and notes from around the interweb:
- British Airways is offering status matches to air berlin elites
- 78 new airlines started operations in 2017 but where are all the new US airlines? This is a problem.
- American’s LAX terminal 5 Admiral’s Club apparently has an avocado toast bar in the mornings “including avocado spread, hardboiled eggs, tomatoes, white cheese, and prosciutto or smoked salmon.”
- Construction on new central security for Washington National’s B and C terminals beginning soon with expected completion in 2020, though I wouldn’t be surprised to see this slip.
I do think getting rid of gate 35X as part of the project is a good thing (new commuter terminal) but I’m skeptical of combining security. One positive: during construction members of congress lose their special free airport parking.
- Thai Airways reiterates plan to add aircraft, fly to the U.S. with the obvious destinations of California and perhaps New York (they used to serve both Los Angeles and New York JFK). No date is yet offered.
- This is what happened when an Irish flight was delayed 2 hours. That’s how it’s done, people. (HT: Greg R.)