A couple of weeks ago I wrote about a targeted offer that many California residents got by email for a Southwest Airlines companion pass as a credit card signup bonus.
- Open the account, make a purchase, get a companion pass (which normally requires 110,000 points earned in a year)
- Plus 40,000 points after $1000 spend within 3 months
What’s even more amazing is that the offer is now open to all California residents. (HT: @IadisGr8)
Here are the key things to know:
- You have to have a California address on your Rapid Rewards account.
- You can’t be a current Southwest Rapid Rewards cardmember, or have had the card in the past and gotten a bonus within the last 24 months. And 5/24 restrictions generally apply to the card.
- Offer valid through November 30
The promotional companion pass will last through end of 2018, so getting the card now or in November and waiting until January to make your purchase won’t extend it.
Southwest is battling Alaska/Virgin America for California supremacy and this is a huge tactic to lock in customers.