News and notes from around the interweb:
- Airline partnerships — outside of joint ventures — still matter. 30% of TAP Air Portugal’s Boston passengers start their journey on JetBlue.
- Bill Franke: the man responsible for turning around America West and Spirit Airlines, who hired Doug Parker and Scott Kirby
There is a certain push-comes-to-shove between customer service and the low-cost model that the market needs to understand. In Europe, they do understand. That’s the model.
- Third time ever a case of meningococcal disease was contracted on a plane The investigative report is just out, though the incident happened two years ago on a flight from Japan to Germany.
- HSBC has a new premium rewards credit card for folks with $100,000 or more with the bank, and it’s pretty much a me-too product.
- No one ever expects the Spanish Inquisition: Malaysia Airlines says announcement of CEO move to Ryanair ‘Unexpected’
- An indie band resurrected former Star Alliance member airline Ansett Australia (which I much enjoyed flying) for a music video. (HT: The Flight Detective)