News and notes from around the interweb:
- Google has built the Babel Fish pixel buds translate 40 languages in near-real time.
- Another incident reminds why safety demands laptops in the passenger cabin not the cargo hold
- UPS is trying to figure out who stole their secret business plans (HT: Jeff M.)
- TSA warns that there’s a ‘suspicious man’ traveling the country trying to get on planes
- Singapore Airlines now has over 50 cost cutting initiatives one of them is reducing food ‘wastage’ which means of course ‘reducing catering’.
- Alaska Airlines is giving free miles to University of Washington students and elite status based on GPA.
- United pilots share their Puerto Rico relief mission.