News and notes from around the interweb:
- The new LAX celebrity terminal is now open to American Express Centurion Black Card cardholders, the joining fee is waived and cardmembers just pay a per use fee.
- The British Airways AARP discount (up to $200 off and stackable with other sales) has been extended. The new booking window is through January 31, 2018 (had been December 31, 2017) with travel available through December 31, 2018. (HT: Joe Brancatelli)
- It’s amazing how rarely checked bags are stolen (items inside, by TSA, notwithstanding). I remember as a kid staff at airports verifying claim checks when leaving New York airports. This couple was arrested for stealing bags in Phoenix they kept returning to the airport day after day.
Investigators were able to track the two, through the GPS on their rental car. Wylam was reportedly arrested in a parking lot near 40th Street and Bell. Officers reportedly found more than 20 stolen bags in his car.
- Equifax will allow free lock and unlock of credit report for life
- When a couple was videotaped having sex inflight in exit row seats comments on the video were about their legroom.
- Hilton changes its terms and conditions for how 5th night free awards for elites are calculated.
- AT&T is dropping out of Plenti October 31. That’s the only way I earned Plenti points, and I really should look to redeem, but coalition loyalty programs are hard and American Express never made theirs in the U.S. work. They haven’t been able to bring on major merchants.