Alright this has to be a true once in a lifetime opportunity. It’s a charity auction, with plenty of seats available, and all proceeds benefiting UNICEF.
The founder and CEO of Norwegian is going to fly aboard a brand new Boeing 787 painted in UNICEF livery. And he’s inviting you along.
- You get a Norwegian transatlantic flight to Copenhagen to start the trp
- You’ll visit UNICEF’s Supply Division in Copenhagen
- Then actually participate in loading 144 tons of emergency aid onto the plane at the Copenhagen airport
- You’ll fly the inaugural pre-revenue flight, with the airline’s CEO, to Djibouti where you’ll help offload supplies.
- From there the aid cargo will be shipped from Djibouti across the Gulf of Aden to Yemen, but you’re not going to Yemen!
- You’ll fly back on the special 787 to Oslo, where you also get a Norwegian transatlantic flight to the U.S.
Copyright william87 / 123RF Stock Photo
In the past they’ve done relief flights with 737s.
You get to hand out with an airline CEO, on an inaugural flight, and do some good in the world while you’re at it bringing supplies to UNICEF camps for Yemeni refugees.
There are 9 or 10 seats available, the auction is running for another week, and as of now it looks like you should be able to do this all for about $1000.
The trip all takes place at the end of the month, you’re probably looking at September 23 to 27 all-in with the flight from Copenhagen to Djibouti on September 25 and the the flight back to Oslo on the 26th.