News and notes from around the interweb:
- What airports were like in 1987
- Two self-upgraders arrested in China after assaulting police officer
- TSA leasing a new headquarters in a deal valued at $316 million
- Zach Honig reviews Classified the invitation-only restaurant at Newark.
My takeaway: It’s a private room inside Saison where anyone can eat but with better views (food from the same kitchen). It’s expensive (“if you’re traveling with an expense account, you should be able to stay within your per diem, especially if a lunch or dinner at Classified is your one and only paid meal for the day“). And the iPads are just as out of place as they are at CBGB.
- How to pull air traffic control out of the 1960s
- The transformation of DFW’s terminal E
- Oldest flying Boeing 747 grounded after 47 years
- Managing and keeping track of your points is romance.