Every year National Car Rental runs the most lucrative rental promotion, and they’ve brought it back for 2017. Too bad I rent cars far less frequently than I used to, because I’ve earned and used several free rental days with this offer in the past and of course the free rentals are on top of usual rewards earning.
Register and then through February 28 every two rentals of two days or longer earns a free rental day.
The way it actually works is that you get a free rental day for each time you earn 600 points in the promotion. And each rental of 2 days or more earns 300 points. But there are other ways to earn points as well, some of which are available only in the U.S. or only to U.S. residents.
The full list of available bonuses is:
- Excess points from 2016 roll over to this promotion
- 300 points the first time you redeem a free rental day, the terms say that applies to redeeming 2016 promo rental days but that’s not possible.
- 25 points for downloading their mobile app
- 75 points for completing a rental reserved via their mobile app
- 300 points per friend you refer who completed a qualifying rental, up to 10 friends and 3000 points
- 50 points for opting into Emerald Club emails
- 100 points one time for a 2-4 day rental that includes a Saturday night keep
- 200 points for a rental of 5 days or more
- 200 points for renting with Enterprise Rent-A-Car at neighborhood (non-airport) locations, up to 3 times and 600 points.
- 25 points for reserving a specific car class rather than using Emerald Aisle
- 300 points for renting at participating locations in Latin America and the Caribbean
- 300 points for renting at participating Enterprise locations in Europe
- 50 points for taking a survey
- 300 points the first time you add Sirius XM Satellite Radio to a qualifying rental
- 200 points when you complete your third qualifying rental during the promotion.
- 75 points for completing 5 of the above bonus activities
Up to 3 rental days per reservation can be redeemed at a time for up to full sized vehicles through June 15, 2018. These free rental days cover base rate but not taxes which aren’t a percentage of the base rate.