News and notes from around the interweb:
- When Tommy Lee has sex on a plane at least he has the courtesy to do it in the lavatory — even when he’s flying on an American Airlines regional jet. These Southwest passengers didn’t have the same courtesy.
That’s one way to show that Southwest seats are more spacious than American’s new Boeing 737 MAX 30 inch pitch.
- Southwest Airlines, no longer generally considered a low far airline, still has the power to lower fares when it enters a market of course any new capacity and competition is more likely than not to do so.
- In light of Charlottesville, Delta should reconsider its flattery of the administration and in particular flirtation with its nationalist wing and quit the racist rhetoric against Middle Easterners.
It continues to amaze as well advertising to consumers about the problem of low prices! The US airline industry earned $8 billion in profits in the first 6 months of 2017, yet need to fear Etihad’s 6 daily US flights. But just enough Americans may be fooled into sympathy, because foreigners. C’mon Delta, you used to be better than this. (HT: Jim L.)
- Delta will supplement its existing daily Atlanta – Lagos, Nigeria service with a New York JFK – Lagos flight three times weekly effective March 24 with an Airbus A330. Here’s a Nigerian King onboard Delta’s Atlanta flight.
- Thailand will now offer 10 year retiree visas
- I’m going to go out on a limb here and say that I don’t like the way this video ends, with an empty seat next to the woman rather than a crying baby…
This is a Portuguese commercial on racism. This is how to handle it.pic.twitter.com/NXz8OewGES
— Silver Fox (@Silver_Fox84) August 18, 2017