News and notes from around the interweb:
- Why savvy US fliers take Air Canada
Copyright: ronniechua / 123RF Stock Photo
- After hiring a top Allegiant executive as its CEO, Sun Country Airlines plans to become an ultra low cost carrier, densify its planes, and charge fees including for carry on bags. When the only tool you have is a hammer..
- Last week JetBlue crew fell ill on 2 different planes at the same time. Wednesday it happened again and the airline is tracing the cause to nail polish remover. Certainly an unusual cluster of incidents.
- The Park Hyatt Hadahaa Maldives has a new GM, promoted from within. It’s the fourth General Manager since Hyatt took over the property. Basically a GM signs on for a two year contract, might re-up, but two years is a long time to be on that island.
- Good business if you can get it? 3 companies are vying to offer sleep units in Concourses E and F in Atlanta
- Boeing 737-700 vs Bombardier CS100:
- I don’t get it. The Hyatt Regency Atlanta is a big convention hotel and hosts lots of meetings. 50 years ago some of those were important civil rights meetings. Laudable! Will that move the needle for anyone to choose a Hyatt Regency over, say, a Marriott today?
- See something, say something.. the game. (HT: One Mile at a Time)
— Port Authority NY&NJ (@PANYNJ) August 16, 2017