News and notes from around the interweb:
- Is it ok to drug children for a long flight?
- Immigration officer discharged his weapon inside the Orlando airport.
A federal agent had accidentally shot himself in the left foot, having somehow dislodged his holstered pistol and pulling the trigger while grasping for the weapon.
It happened on the busy ticketing and departure floor in the multistory atrium at the Hyatt Regency, the noise sounding like a large board falling on tile flooring.
- Air India delays payment of July salaries that’s never good..
- As candidate for Vice President Mike Pence flew in a chartered Eastern Airlines Boeing 737. It nearly met disaster. Now the NTSB report reveals pilot errors.
Source: Eastern Airlines
- Marriott has added award night redemption to its mobile app.
Here’s how it works:
– Search your location and dates.
– Tap Special Rates and select Rewards Points.
– Book your stay—your account balance will be instantly updated.
Plus, you can make and change decisions on the fly:
– Need to change your reservation? Update your dates, rates or room type in an instant.
– Find a cool new place for the weekend? Book it now.
– Forget something? Chat with the hotel using Mobile Requests and they’ll have you covered when you get there.
– Wondering if you have enough points for your next stay? Access your account instantly.
– Want to make a green choice? Earn 500 points when you opt out of housekeeping through Mobile Check-In or Mobile Requests.
- Cathay Pacific is serving Taittinger Comtes de Champagne Blanc de Blancs 2006 instead of Krug in long haul first class now
- And in related news, Spirit Airlines’ discontinued ‘Friends Wine in a Can’ named best onboard white wine.
— United (@united) August 2, 2017