News and notes from around the interweb:
- Which North American airports have the fastest cellular and wifi speeds?
- Ryanair complains “families are making their toddlers drag suitcases on planes to avoid paying” checked baggage fees. They’re not breaking any rules but somehow families should be allotted less of a carry on allowance and hit with more fees to travel than the same number of passengers who are all older.
Of course this is the airline that likes to signal how cheap they are and garner free publicity by suggesting passengers stand throughout flight or that they plan to charge to use the lavatory — when no such thing is ever really in the cards.
Copyright: trevorbenbrook / 123RF Stock Photo
- The suitcase that gives kids a business class seat in economy
- How Cincinnati airport survived after Delta bailed on them as a hub. They cut costs, cut fees to attract more airlines, focused on cargo … and trotted out mini-horses in the terminal occasionally.
- Watch this radio controlled plane meet its untimely end. Such a fun-seeming hobby but I don’t think I’d enjoy the expense or how easy it is to lose the investment.