News and notes from around the interweb:
- New app gives 3% – 10% rebates on spending at restaurants
- Tonight: I’ll be speaking at Nomadic Matt’s meet up in Houston I look forward to meeting several of you.
- Free Japan SIM card. They even offer referral commissions though this is a ‘clean’ link with no benefit to me. (HT: khkchan)
- There’s not actually enough science to support claims of therapeutic benefits from emotional support animals (HT: Reid F.)
- The House Transportation Committee added language to the FAA reauthorization bill that would allow the FAA administrator to ban low cost foreign airlines boosting prices and protecting US airlines from competition.
The provision was a bipartisan effort of Frank LoBiondo (R-NJ) and Pete DeFazio (D-OR) and is a sop to both airlines and labor unions at the expense of consumers (and in particular the least well off consumers who want or need to travel). (HT: @kcreedy)
Copyright william87 / 123RF Stock Photo
- Visit cool new United Airlines museum inside the San Francisco airport
- Japanese hotels with a special room category for guests who are dead (HT: Alan H.)