News and notes from around the interweb:
- JohnnyJet goes to SeaTac and the TSA calls in the explosives unit.
“It turns out she put the baby food in the same bin as her laptop and her agent said that was a big no-no..” note also that he asked his wife to film his pat down using his phone, which the TSA then said “tested for some kind of chemical and set off their alarm..”
- Plus Size Woman Documents Herself Being Fat Shamed on Flight
- Hotels claim that online travel agency marketing is misleading but then so is hotel marketing, claims about ‘best rate guarantees’ that are largely come-ons to convince consumers that they’ll get the best rates booking direct (not true more often than they’ll admit) while often denying seemingly-valid claims.
- Mother says Denver TSA threatened full body search over juice boxes for her diabetic son. Denver is where passengers miss flights because the TSA doesn’t pay attention to weather forecasts and where screeners were caught manipulating nude-o-scopes so they could fondle passengers they found attractive. It’s truly sick that we continue to put up with this.
- The Hollywood Reporter‘s original 1980 review of Airplane!
- Important truth about burgers as you prepare for your Fourth of July (also known as Brexit). Watch how Anthony Bourdain cringes even as he accepts that you might put mayonnaise on your burger.
Use Anthony Bourdain's tips on how to make a perfect burger –– and show off at your 4th of July cookout pic.twitter.com/SxRvfnI74L
— Business Insider (@businessinsider) July 2, 2017
And by the way burgers can be appropriate to serve in first class. It just depends on the burger.