News and notes from around the interweb:
- Alaska Airlines kicked eleven passengers off of a flight for refusing to follow crewmember instructions. Usually it’s just one or two…
- Former Spirit Airlines CEO Ben Baldanza offers a full-throated defense of charging passengers fees for everything
- Cathay Dragon, formerly known as Dragonair, has been granted authorization to the U.S. I don’t really know what’s going on here. (HT: Aviation consultant Jeffrey Hartz)
- Incredible Boeing 787 contrails from the cockpit of a 747 over Eastern Russia (HT: Hans Mast)
- United breaks guitars, American mishandles banjos, and Delta isn’t exactly gentle with camera gear either.
- American Airlines Boeing 757 scheduled to fly Honolulu – Phoenix was hit by a truck while parked at the gate. Damage ensued.
- Boeing explains how to identify a 737 MAX (although not everything actually distinguishes the plane from some earlier 737s, such as the Sky interior).