News and notes from around the interweb:
- Five years ago United sued complaint website Untied.com. They’ve won.
- New promo: earn a free night after two stays
- Elderly woman throws coins in plane’s engine to ‘pray for safe flight’ (HT: @sdty65485)
- Airlines want legislation to allow them to advertise prices that do not include taxes. If we allowed them to do that for fares that include a carry on only that would spell the end of Basic Economy fares…
- The New York Times has a guide to packing a suitcase. One thing bothered me in the piece, though, a TSA spokesperson saying “it’s our job to help the airlines enforce their rules,” my jaw nearly hit the floor.
- Southwest passenger tried to open emergency exit door during flight
- I’ll let you in on a secret: terrorists don’t use Andy Worhol knives to take over planes.