Here’s a great find from reader OtherDave:
You may have heard of ClubCorp – they own many clubs around the U.S. and a few internationally. Mostly golf-oriented, a lot of the clubs are country clubs, plus a few business clubs and fitness clubs, with a smattering of other types, like the Frisco Gun Club.
If you’re a member of one of their clubs, you receive several reciprocal benefits at all their clubs. The cost of joining a club is generally $200-500 per month. However, they also have a thing called ClubCorp Travel. I get the impression it’s fairly new. For $50 a month I get the following benefits:
– 2 waived green fees per month, per club*
– Free club borrowing
– 2 “free” four-course meals per month, per club* (actually, there’s a 20% service charge – but still a great deal)
– Access to any of their business clubs
– Free use of fitness facilities
– Several different types of discounts at third party vendors
– Plus other benes
* – at any club not within 100 miles of your home
I don’t golf, but I quite enjoy nice dinners. I signed up on the value of the 80% off dinners alone.
I’ve used the dinner benefit 4 times now – at the Metropolitan Club in Chicago (awesome food, awesome view!); the City Club of Washington, D.C., (Excellent food), the Houston Club (good food, great staff, amazing fitness facilities); and at the Baylor Club in Waco (meh. Was very worth the $8.30 I paid – but it didn’t wow me.)
There is a $1000 initiation fee – but that is currently waived if you sign up on their website: http://www.clubcorp.com/Clubs/ClubCorpTravel
For the frequent traveler who either likes to golf on his trips or enjoys nice dinners, this is a great deal.