News and notes from around the interweb:
- A trick to get regular economy fares on United for about the same price as Basic Economy
- Changes to American Express purchase protection, car rental damage, and other benefits
- American AAdvantage has a mystery online shopping bonus you need to log in to see yours. (HT: Doctor of Credit)
- Turbulence near Hong Kong bad enough that “everything not secured properly was thrown against the ceiling and then against the floor.” Eight people were hospitalized.
- How global airline alliances may change and adapt
- Alaska Airlines misspells conservative commentator Tomi Lahren’s name on Twitter, hundreds of enthusiastic comments ensue.
Hi Tami, sorry for any troubles. Can you DM some details on where you experience went south? -Ryan https://t.co/t4ooDR29zz
— Alaska Airlines (@AlaskaAir) June 5, 2017
- Sometimes the only lounge in an airport is a Priority Pass lounge, like this one in Colorado Springs. It was completely empty while I was there on Saturday afternoon.