News and notes from around the interweb:
- Plans for a new American Airlines lease at LAX include significant changes to terminals 4 and 5 including centralized security (likely not a positive for passengers), connecting terminals 4 and 5 both landside and airside and extending the Terminal 4-Tom Bradley Terminal airside connector to Terminal 5 as well as “[u]nifying the passenger check-in and baggage claim areas.”
- Top secret government airline with frequent flights to Area 51
- 7 tips for solving your airline customer service problems a Marketplace interview with a blog reader..
- Singer Brandy hospitalized after falling ill on Delta flight at LAX bound for New York JFK.
- Star Alliance frequent flyer program is offering a 25% bonus on points transferred in from several other programs through June 30. (HT: Doctor of Credit)
- North America’s shortest international flight cleared for takeoff
- Commercial aircraft designs that didn’t make it