The only times I’ve ever seen legitimate 10,000 miles per car rental offers were 9999 Delta miles from Avis or Budget on a one day rental in 2008 and 9999 Continental miles on 5 day and longer rentals in late 2007 and early 2008.
However here’s a creative one that really does get to 10,000 miles. Hertz will give you up to 10,000 Cathay Pacific Asia Miles on a rental of 3 days or longer, with the number of miles based on how far you drive.
Earning is 1 AsiaMile mile per mile driven, with a minimum earning of 2000 Asia Miles and a cap of 10,000 AsiaMiles.
- Drive 1 – 1,999 miles: earn 2,000 Asia Miles
- Drive 2,000 – 10,000 miles: earn 1 Asia Mile per mile driven
- Drive 10,001 miles or above: earn 10,000 Asia Miles
Cathay Pacific Business Class
Book by July 31, pick up by August 31, and complete rentals by September 15 to qualify, except that European rentals must be picked up by June 25. The promotion is valid on Hertz rentals in the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand as well as Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, the UK, and mainland Spain.
Bookings must be made using PC# 203676, CDP# 2116572, and an Asia Miles account number in the reservation with a preference for earning miles rather than Hertz points.
Someone who needs to do a lot of driving could do a lot of damage with this promotion. I would not drive just for the miles, earning 1 mile per mile driven is a very low wage — at 1.3 cents per mile earning 10,000 miles is worth $130. However even at an average of 60 miles per hour that’s nearly 167 hours of driving. In other words, you’re being paid about 78 cents per hour not counting the cost of the rental.
Here are the full promotion terms and conditions:
Terms & Conditions
1. Offer is valid on Hertz Rent a Car brand only.
2. Offer is valid for self-drive rental bookings made on Affordable Rates (leisure retail rates) from 10 May to 31 July 2017, inclusive and vehicle pickups at participating locations from 10 May to 31 August 2017, inclusive (except for bookings and vehicle pickups in Europe are by 25 June 2017, inclusive). Rentals must also be completed by 15 September 2017, inclusive.
3. Offer is valid for bookings made with the applicable CDP# and PC#, and a valid Asia Miles or Marco Polo Club membership number.
4. Offer is valid on Compact and larger car groups (excluding Hertz Collections).
5. Offer is subject to a minimum rental of 3 days.
6. All Asia Miles stated include regular Asia Miles.
7. Actual distance driven per rental will be calculated in miles for awarding the total number of Asia Miles earned.
8. The discount applies to time and mileage charges only and does not apply to taxes, fees, surcharges and optional services.
9. Reservation must be made at least 24 hours prior to departure.
10. Present your Asia Miles or Marco Polo Club membership card at the rental counter when picking up your car.
11. Offer is not applicable to tour/pre-paid, travel industry, staff or any other special rates.
12. Offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers, discounts or promotions.
13. Standard blackout dates apply.
14. Total number of Asia Miles earned will be credited to the member’s account by 31 October 2017.
15. All rentals are subject to Hertz standard rental terms and conditions.
16. Hertz reserves the right to change or remove this promotion at any time.
17. Other Asia Miles terms and conditions apply.
Once you earn this bonus you will want more Asia Miles and you can top off an AsiaMiles account by transferring points 1:1 from American Express Membership Rewards and from Citi ThankYou Rewards.
Cathay Pacific Business Class
(HT: Frequent Flyer Bonuses)