News and notes from around the interweb:
- Discounted Avianca Lifemiles redemptions from 10,000 miles each way
- Prominent travel blogger Nomadic Matt is breaking up with American Airlines. And he makes pretty clear it is them, and not him.
- The kid who figured out how to trick Indian airline reservation systems to sell him flights for a single rupee
Air India Boeing 787
- US credit card balances are now up over $1 trillion but that may be manageable as long as unemployment stays low. (HT: Alan H.) If the economy turns, of course…
- FAA rule requiring you to register your drone has been overturned
- Atlantis Resort claims not to be worried about the opening of Baha Mar, that the new resort will grow the pie of tourists to Bahamas and that will rebound to their benefit. While that affect may indeed exist, huge growth in upscale room supply surely won’t benefit them in the short run.
- “Mixed Reality Air Travel May Augment the Flight Attendants of the Future” (HT: Alan H.)