News and notes from around the interweb:
- United probably shouldn’t have tweeted an offer of a free flight to the guy who earned free Wendys nuggets for a year
- Delta will offer status challenges to elites from many more airlines and they’ll even allow you to do a status challenge once every 3 years not merely once in a lifetime (which we all know means once in a lifetime, per account).
- Photographer Loses $20,000 in Gear After Airplane Carry-On Taken (HT: Hans Mast)
“Make sure you take stock of anything that can’t be easily insured (like photos on memory cards) and keep those items in your pockets or a bag under your seat and not overhead,” Hurd says. “Sit down and make a list of every serial number you can find.”
“Watch every person that goes near your overhead bin like a hawk,” Hurd continues. “Put your bag in the overhead bin on the opposite side so you can clearly maintain eye contact with it instead of having it be over your seat.”
- Meanmwhile Delta is imposing limits on the elite qualifying miles you can earn from credit card spend.
- A hotel toiletry thief comes clean about his dirty habit Hyatt actually invites you to take them… (HT: Alan H.)
- Delta was prepared for the LAX terminal move chaos with pop up spas and comfort dogs