News and notes from around the interweb:
- Save money by changing hotels during your stay some hotels discount more on certain nights than other others, if you’re willing to move you can stay at nicer properties for less.
- Stating the obvious: Financial improvement at American Airlines is due to low oil prices, this makes the airline’s future highly dependent on the price of oil. Airline stocks are largely not growth stocks. While it looked like the US Airways – American merger was US management overpaying, it turned out to be a giant bet on the price of oil which moved in the exact right direction.
- After removing Sudan from Africa in its list of countries by region, American Airlines brings Sudan back onto its partner award region chart.
- The seemingly cursed Grand Hyatt Baha Mar will finally open May 29.
- How to generate offers from casinos
- Pattaya, Thailand finds ‘abstaining from sex hard’ (HT: Marginal Revolution) I’ve found this beach town, a little over an hour’s drive from Bangkok, to be mostly sad — though it’s also changed a lot over the last 15 years and has come a long way since US servicemen in the Vietnam War brought dollars to the poor beach town and developed an industry providing them whatever entertainment they wished.
- American Airlines pilots say uniforms are making them ill, too
- This company tries to help airlines bump passengers voluntarily for compensation before they even leave for the airport
- “My Mexican Husband Was Accused Of Trafficking Our Daughter On A United Flight”