News and notes from around the interweb:
- The cops who pulled a doctor off a United plane Sunday night and bloodied him don’t currently carry guns, but very badly want to.
- Delta SkyMiles is pairing with Mags4Miles to offer a magazine redemption sale, there are several titles on sale for just 100 miles and $2. I usually only do this to keep a frequent flyer account active — activity to prevent miles expiration — and Delta miles don’t expire. But if you want Yoga Journal, National Geographic Traveler, Rolling Stone or a few others check it out.
- American Airlines will add 787-9s to Los Angeles in the second half of the year.
Los Angeles – Sao Paulo switches from a 5 times weekly 777-200 to a 6 times weekly 787-9 on November 5. And Los Angeles – Tokyo Narita moves from a 777-200 to a 787-9 from August 4 through October 7.
- Wells Fargo completed its investigation of opening accounts that customers didn’t even know about is clawing back $75 million in bonuses.
Copyright: jetcityimage / 123RF Stock Photo
- At the end of the year, Star Alliance member EVA Air took delivery of its first narrowbody Hello Kitty jet.
Now they have another new one — “Joyful Dream Jet” — an Airbus A330 flying Taipei Songshan – Tokyo Haneda and Taipei Songshan – Shanghai Hongqiao.
Like the Hand-in-Hand Jet, Joyful Dream brings Hello Kitty and some of her friends together with different Sanrio Family characters as they invite passengers to enjoy the enchantment of travel. In the sweet spirit of Hello Kitty, Kiki, Lala, cute Pom pom purin and the entire Sanrio Family parade along the length of the plane on a magical path where dreams come true in destinations waiting to be explored.
- The reborn Cyprus Airways has filed a schedule for its first route commencing June 28.