I receive compensation for many links on this blog. You don’t have to use these links, but I am grateful to you if you do. American Express, Citibank, Chase, Capital One and other banks are advertising partners of this site. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners. I do not write about all credit cards that are available -- instead focusing on miles, points, and cash back (and currencies that can be converted into the same).
News and notes from around the interweb:
- Qatar Airways Is Basically Just Trolling The Electronics Ban Now. No — while the electronics ban is poorly thought through Qatar is offering a laptop loaner service to minimize the loss of traffic from the ban and one-up Etihad which is offering loaner iPads. Qatar’s CEO even says Mideast carriers aren’t being singled out by the ban.
- The Platinum Card by American Express is now metal. But people wanting to replace their current plastic cards with new metal ones are facing delays. American Express is low on new metal cards, they clearly should have planned better, remember that Chase ran out of metal for Sapphire Reserve cards as well.
If you say your card was lost or stolen though they’ll still send you a metal one right away it seems.
I requested my metal card on Thursday morning, they told me I would receive it on Friday. It turns out that they Fedexed it to me on Saturday for Monday delivery — delayed, but I should still receive it, getting in under the wire before they started running low.
- 1000 bonus miles from MileagePlus shopping
- Why Bargain Travel Sites May No Longer Be Bargains. Mixes up online travel agency and metasearch sites at times, and is too sympathetic to the claim that a brand’s own hotel website offers the best pricing (which can be total bunk).
- Last year a passenger on a flight in India was charged with intent to outrage a woman’s modesty when they refused to stop videotaping a flight attendant. Once again that law has been called upon to charge to men who made lewd remarks to an Air India flight attendant on a London – Delhi flight.
- Will United order new jets from Embraer or Bombardier?