News and notes from around the interweb:
- This could easily go way, way too cheap. Dreamy, at a deep deep discount.
- Boeing will begin installing Skyview windows next year – sadly only in business jets. Manufactured by Fokker, these took several years to gain government approval.
- The pilot of this Scoot plane might have said ‘oops’. (I always think of a scene from L.A. Law)
- Who’s visiting the websites of the top 10 US airlines
- Will wonders never cease: A TSA employee was fired after missing a loaded gun in a purse going through a security checkpoint in Atlanta. (HT: Nick B.) Multiple misconduct complaints don’t get someone fired. Most weapons are missed going through the checkpoint. One singer even usually travels with his weapon and ammo without being hassled. What’s odd in this case is the TSA made no reference to ‘multiple layers of security’ or even ‘a few bad apples.’
- Turkish travel agents got Priceline’s Booking.com temporarily suspended from selling travel to people inside the country
by accusing William Shatner of being a Gülenistclaiming the site wasn’t properly licensed.
- Why does India have so few tourists?
- Amazingly good tourism marketing by the country of Georgia admit it, check this out and while you may not go you’ll at least think about it for a moment and it never would have occurred to you before. (HT: @nickm007)