News and notes from around the interweb:
- If you’re going to stick a card in the slot by your hotel room door to keep electricity going while you’re out, don’t use your priority pass card or a credit card.
- 500 Singapore Airlines miles for new members. You should join, because Chase, American Express and Citi points transfer to Singapore Airlines and because it’s one of the most lucrative programs in the world, here are 18 tips and tricks you should know about the program.
- 5000 bonus JetBlue points with first flight for new TrueBlue members.
- More airlines let coach passengers buy premium cabin food than I had realized. Nothing beats Austrian’s options though.
- You can earn tons of United miles with Hertz and lots – though fewer – American miles with Avis.
- KLM’s ‘Bluey’ is back, “Keeping it Cool in Rio de Janeiro” (HT: Travel Zork)