News and notes from around the interweb:
- 1000 free miles for joining the Vietnam Airlines frequent flyer program
- Middle Eastern airlines shifting focus from expansion to efficiency
- I used to think that Air India was the worst negotiator in the world. It turns out that the Indian government is worse. Air India plans to sell and lease back the two Boeing 787s in their fleet that they still own, with the Indian government guaranteeing the lease payments.
Air India Boeing 787
- Virgin Australia’s Velocity program is giving away 7 million points, divide by the number of people who register and that’s how many you’ll receive for having done so. (HT: One Mile at a Time
- Why UPS trucks almost never turn left
- So Lindsay Lohan is considering converting to Islam, so she’s now getting profiled by airport security.