News and notes from around the interweb:
- How much Disneyworld spends on fireworks
- The Man Who Sold the World on Credit Cards (HT: Points Tutor)
- The racy viral photos of Qatar Airways cabin crew are old, and the employees in question were apparently fired years ago
- Shanghai-based Juneyao Airlines has placed orders for 5 Boeing 787-9s with options on 5 more. They currently operate domestic and short haul flights only, the longest route being to Thailand. However they plan to use their first widebody jets to fly to North America, Europe, and Australia beginning in 2020.
- Flashback: A special report on the conception, design, manufacture, marketing and delivery of a new jetliner — the Boeing 757 Jon Ostrower “the greatest article written about airplanes to ever appear in print.”
United Boeing 757
- Footage appears to show attack on brother of North Korea’s dictator in the Kuala Lumpur airport.