News and notes from around the interweb:
- Explaining a bit about the accounting of frequent flyer programs
- 7 million Chinese banned from flying or riding trains because they haven’t paid their debts. Imagine if US bankruptcy law included a travel ban.
- British Airways CEO Alex Cruz responds to blogger God Save the Points
- Does the Waldorf=Astoria New York renovation include wiring the hotel to monitor everyone inside including in the bathrooms? These are rumors, I have to think the rumors are meant to undermine the hotel’s business, and at this point already no government official is going to stay at the Chinese-owned hotel.
- Washington Dulles ‘Mobile Lounges’ Have Been Involved in Many ‘Incidents’ Over the Years. (Two passengers were hurt in a crash back in October.)
- A British Airways Airbus A318 was stranded in Shannon, Ireland because it didn’t have maps to continue to New York and had too much fuel to return to London City.
- Through February 28 Star Alliance frequent flyer program LifeMiles is again bonusing the purchase of miles — up to a 125% bonus or 1.47 cents apiece.