News and notes from around the interweb:
- George W. Bush to be inducted into Texas Aviation Hall of Fame I guess because he ordered a whole lot of air strikes as President? He was a pilot in the Texas Air National Guard, and his father President George H.W. Bush is in the same hall of fame.
- Uber glitch let wife track husband, now he’s suing them for their failed marriage
- Several award chart sweet spots
- Windbag Miles reminds us that Air Canada and Cathay Pacific struck a deal that allows for reciprocal mileage earning and redemption. It’s limited to a handful of routes. Since this news came out just before Christmas, it didn’t get as much attention as it probably should have.
- Will Alitalia flight attendants strike over being asked to clean up the lavatories?
- Alaska Airlines is hiring a revenue protection supervisor “to establish and oversee a Revenue Protection team that will proactively detect and prevent financial fraud in all sales channels.” (HT: EZEDoesIt)
Years ago Delta’s Revenue Protection Unit was going after mileage runners. Flyertalk members worked to come up with ‘legitimate’ reasons for adding extra connections to their itineraries other than simply earning more miles.
I’m having an affair with someone in XXXXX (insert city 1), but I told my spouse I was on business in YYYYY (insert city 2). And when they ask why your layover is only 25 minutes in XXXXXXX, you can tell them “that’s all the time I need.”
I’m pulling a heist in XXX and there’s no extradition treaty with YYY.
I lost my wallet in XXXXX last week and needed to check the airport lost and found to see if it’s there.
I’m buying a lottery ticket in XXX on the outbound and picking up my winnings on the return.
The [Crown Room Club, now Sky Club] in place XXX does not have my favourite beer. So I would like to grab one in YYY on my way to ZZZ.
I’m actually spending the weekend in ZZZ, but I’m flying [Continental] there since I can upgrade even the lowest fares.
I need the connections to stretch my legs and avoid deep vein thrombosis.
Those pretzels in the Philadelphia airport concourse are worth the extra stop.
I am auditioning an escort service in one of the Laptop Lanes and they have a free booth open in city AAA on my way to BBB. I only need 10 minutes in a private booth.