I receive compensation for many links on this blog. You don’t have to use these links, but I am grateful to you if you do. American Express, Citibank, Chase, Capital One and other banks are advertising partners of this site. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners. I do not write about all credit cards that are available -- instead focusing on miles, points, and cash back (and currencies that can be converted into the same).
News and notes from around the interweb:
- The Best Credit Cards for Travelers from WendyPerrin.com
- Governor Cuomo’s proposed redevelopment of New York JFK airport will do nothing to alleviate delays.
“The biggest challenge they face is air traffic in and out of New York airspace … it’s hugely congested airspace. Nothing here changes that,” said Gary Leff, an air travel expert and writer of the View from the Wing blog.
…“Expanding, widening taxiways just isn’t going to make a huge difference, especially when the purpose of that is…more flights… You’re not going to get fewer delays.”
- Ryanair is dropping plans to fly transatlantic. I didn’t actually believe they were going to do it, putting the idea in the same bucket as ‘pay toilets’ – that whenever Michael O’Leary has been out of the media spotlight for awhile he floats an idea but that doesn’t mean it will happen.
- FAA probing loss of separation incident: plane that got too close to Air Force One last week
- Delta and Coca Cola are putting art on tray tables