News and notes from around the interweb:
- Cambodian orphanage scam. Tourists “pay to help a few weeks at an orphanage and to teach English or other things deemed useful” but the kids aren’t actually orphans.
- Earn double Delta miles for Australia travel whether you fly Delta or Virgin Australia through end of May (registration required).
- Delta plans to grow in Cincinnati… a hub they pulled back from.. because Southwest. What’s next, re-hubbing Memphis?
- Former Prime Minister of Norway, traveling on a diplomatic passport, was detained at Washington Dulles.. because Iran.
- A Pan Am Retrospective
Panagra was a joint venture between Pan Am and the W.R. Grace company. It was eventually purchased by Braniff, whose South American operations were acquired by Eastern – which is where the American Airlines South American route network traces much of its origins.
- Geomagentic storm captured flying East over Canada
Better known as ‘northern lights’, the storms create ‘auroral currents’, which create the glowing colorful lights sparkling in the horizon.
The currents’ reflection can be seen appearing much whiter over the bright city – and growing a deeper shade of emerald as the city lights fade.