I receive compensation for many links on this blog. You don’t have to use these links, but I am grateful to you if you do. American Express, Citibank, Chase, Capital One and other banks are advertising partners of this site. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners. I do not write about all credit cards that are available -- instead focusing on miles, points, and cash back (and currencies that can be converted into the same).
News and notes from around the interweb:
- This would be horrible
- Good Clint Henderson piece on why traveling to London is cheaper than you think with contributions by Ed Pizzarello, Ben Schlappig, and Tiffany Funk.
- Expertflyer has has added four new point of sale choices for searching availability. (“[Y]ou can set a default POS from the Preferences tab on the My Account page (on the full website).”)
- Scott McCartney in the Wall Street Journal on overriding your hotel room’s thermostat. I shared instructions on how to do this years ago.
- Obama’s family vacationed on Richard Branson’s Necker Island (HT: @TravelSummary via Doctor of Credit) And it’s not even a Celebration Week that are eligible for points redemption (now only for Virgin Atlantic elites).
- Planned Trump hotel in Bali is running into trouble with Hindu Gods
- The crazy things people return to Sam’s Club. But did they pay by credit card and get refunded by check?