I receive compensation for many links on this blog. You don’t have to use these links, but I am grateful to you if you do. American Express, Citibank, Chase, Capital One and other banks are advertising partners of this site. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners. I do not write about all credit cards that are available -- instead focusing on miles, points, and cash back (and currencies that can be converted into the same).
News and notes from around the interweb:
- Singapore Airlines is replacing Ferragamo amenities in first and Suites class with new items by French crystal maker Lalique, although the partnership is broader and extends to glassware, loungewear and bedding as well as inflight duty free. We’ll see “lifestyle and crystal gift items to be offered to customers as part of the amenity kits on selected flights.” This should begin with Singapore’s new A380s delivering later this year. I’ll miss the large Tuscan Soul items, however.
- Earn much of the way to a Southwest Companion Pass with hotel bookings. Even better if you’re booking for other people! There’s no more valuable benefit in domestic travel than to be able to take a second person along whenever you fly Southwest, even on award tickets. Of course the fastest way to get about halfway there in a single shot is earning the signup bonus from the Southwest cards.
- Are Bathroom Lines Allowed on International Flights? The Definitive Answer
- Google Flights has become aggressive marketing schedule results instead of leading with links to airlines other than American which aggressively pursues legal threats. Giving consumers the information they want, right away and in fewer clicks, is the goal that Google (and really any information curator) should be striving for.
- Dan Reed thinks the DOT allowing airlines to consider arriving within 15 minutes of schedule to be ‘on time’ is letting them have their own alternate facts.
- ANA will launch its C-3PO themed Boeing 777 in March