I receive compensation for content and many links on this blog. You don’t have to use these links, but I am grateful to you if you do. American Express, Citibank, Chase, Capital One and other banks are advertising partners of this site. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners. I do not write about all credit cards that are available -- instead focusing on miles, points, and cash back (and currencies that can be converted into the same).
News and notes from around the interweb:
- Yesterday I wrote about the deal of the year — 90% off award tickets, a great opportunity to use your points from the Citi Prestige Card. Matthew writes about his success booking first class at 90% off. One Mile at a Time created a FAQ.
- You’re going to be able to get more alcohol inside Disney World’s Magic Kingdom. I remember being blown away by the existence of Pleasure Island night clubs in the early 90s…
- Today Only: 50% off base fares on Wow Air with promo code WOWXMAS16 for travel January 14 – April 5. (HT: The Flight Deal)
Copyright: zhukovsky / 123RF Stock Photo
- The British Airways Christmas strike was cancelled.
Train to Remote Gates at London Heathrow Terminal 5
- American Airlines flight attendants file grievance over uniforms
- Virgin Atlantic is currently charging 10% of lowest fare for infant tickets on awards instead of just a handful of miles.
Redemption tickets for infants are no longer charged at 200 miles (Economy), 750 miles (Premium Economy) or 1500 miles (Upper Class) plus taxes and charges.
They are now charged at 10% of the lowest cash fare, plus taxes and charges.
This appears to have been forced on Virgin by the limitations of the new booking software, which they have inherited from 49% shareholder Delta..they are working on a way of getting around this and reverting to the old system but that it will not be possible until H1 2017.
- Here’s a continuation of my interview posted a week ago. The last segment was on the Donald Trump/Boeing Air Force One controversy and the future of the Chinese aviation market. This one is on Basic Economy fares and the Alaska Airlines acquisition of Virgin America.