News and notes from around the interweb:
- How the concierge endures in an internet world
- The Qantas inflight meal that will instill fear — and in some of us, envy: a root vegetable that looks like a phallus. One commenter suggested that it’s a meal “they couldn’t serve on Virgin.”
- My take on “How Donald Trump Could Change Travel in 2017” from Conde’ Nast Traveler:
My view is that there’s a 20% chance the Elaine Chao pick at Transportation makes Trump an evil genius, since Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell may have held the most independent power in Washington but now Trump has a hostage.
- More Boeing job cuts ahead in the new year
- With Marriott unable to explain its 30 brands post-acquisition of Starwood, you can expect Hilton to add more brands. Hint for Hilton: Just don’t make one of those new brands “W”
- Santa’s check flight. Will he qualify to fly the sleigh?