News and notes from around the interweb:
- Rent a Tesla for $149/day. I test drove one last year.
- Delta will let you buy up to 10,000 qualifying miles for elite status but it’s really expensive
- Another deadline for the Alaska Airlines acquisition of Virgin America: the end of the year
- The CEO of the DFW airport earns a $480,000 salary, received a $130,000 bonus, and was awarded a $600,000 retention package to keep him until 2021.
It’s a generally well-run airport as far as these things go in the US, but I still prefer their old logo.
- Delta holiday shopping bonus (HT: Doctor of Credit)
- Mass culture really shouldn’t try to do airlines. Wednesday night’s episode of Blackish set an older sister studying interior design with her siblings, consulting on how to re-do their room. (HT: RICforme)
Can we have a frank conversation? You see out of your league. Stripes and polka dots? We want a more mature look. Mahogany, stainless steel, leather. We want it to look the live VIP lounge at American Airlines.
I have $62.
Fine, Delta Air Lines.