News and notes from around the interweb:
- Cranky Flier does a nice job explaining United’s IT challenges with demand forecasting and why the airline thinks it’s selling tickets too cheaply — to the tune of hundreds of millions of dollars.
Scott Kirby, as President of American, described very similar challenges back in May.
- FBI file on D.B. Cooper (.pdf)
- Always wear your seatbelt when seated: Several passengers hospitalized when severe turbulence struck a China Eastern flight on arriving in Sydney
- 150 free Aeroplan miles
- Boeing and Airbus are going rounds at the World Trade Organization. The WTO found that the launch of Airbus was hugely subsidized. Now it’s determined that Washington State tax breaks for the Boeing 777X were illegal.
- Casey Neistat, who used to have American’s Concierge Key status as a social media influencer, is starting a new media company with CNN. Maybe American shouldn’t have yanked that status?