News and notes from around the interweb:
- Get Etihad elite status after only one flight (HT: Loyalty Lobby)
- Archaeologists have found more than 40 shipwrecks in the Black Sea
- Chase and Deutsche Bank declined to sell Uber shares through their private wealth divisions. Bank of America and Morgan Stanley picked up the slack. (HT: Skift)
- Is Airbnb hitting everyone with a 3% currency conversion fee you cannot opt out of when renting abroad?
- Room service with a 1% charge to take your order on top of the customary service charge, delivery charge, and tax.
- India’s cancellation of 500 and 1000 rupee notes doesn’t just hurt the black market, it hurts the poor