I receive compensation for content and many links on this blog. You don’t have to use these links, but I am grateful to you if you do. American Express, Citibank, Chase, Capital One and other banks are advertising partners of this site. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners. I do not write about all credit cards that are available -- instead focusing on miles, points, and cash back (and currencies that can be converted into the same).
News and notes from around the interweb:
- Earlier I shared my own thoughts about what a Trump administration will be for travel. There’s a great Stephanie Rosenbloom piece in the New York Times on the subject that includes my thoughts and several others.
- 15% rebate on JetBlue redemptions which is stackable of course with the 10% redemption rebate for those with the JetBlue Plus Card.
- Starting in mid-month it’s not just Delta international business class that will have a Westin Heavenly Blanket. Domestic first class gets one, also. (And when they launch international premium economy next year it will have one, too.)
Starting in mid-November, it’s out with the red and in with the grey with the debut of the Westin Heavenly In-Flight Blanket in Delta First Class. Inspired by design elements of the signature Westin Heavenly Bed, this super-soft blanket will ensure that travelers…can rest easy.
- Delta has had 200 days this year where they didn’t cancel a single mainline flight
- Ex-Horizon flight attendant claims she suspected crew of drinking but didn’t report it until after the flight, and then faced retaliation for doing so. (HT: Le Chic Geek) It would be really hard to investigate this kind of incident after the fact and I’d hope that any flight crew member who suspected such a thing would report it prior to takeoff.
- This customer is not happy with his flight delays on American Airlines. (HT: @EZJourneys)