News and notes from around the interweb:
- Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer is offering a 30% discount on economy and premium economy saver awards for travel on Singapore and SilkAir for travel booked by November 16 for travel between February 6 and May 31, 2017. Many destinations available. (Here are 18 tricks you should know about the Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer program.)
- Congratulations to Dan of Dan’s Deals who won a Starwood auction to throw out the first pitch at last night’s game 7 of the World Series for over a million Starpoints! And then he wound up in TMZ…
- The cost to Chase of opening new Sapphire Reserve cards could hurt their fourth quarter revenue by as much as $200 million (HT: Doctor of Credit) Renegotiated co-brand agreements have also raised consumer card costs.
- Major advances in the understanding of how MH370 crashed into the sea
- Review of the best current business class between the US and Australia. And you can book it with Delta miles! Although usually only within a couple of weeks of departure.
- The Uber app has stopped working for foreign visitors in China
- Lyft now offers 30 JetBlue points for airport rides Better than a hole in the head, as my grandfather used to say, and not nearly as valuable as Starwood’s partnership with Uber.