News and notes from around the interweb:
- Only 10% – 15% of passengers on American’s transatlantic flights from Philadelphia originate there. File that away and pull it back out when future schedule changes get announced.
- For bookings through October 16 Malaysia Airlines is discounting Kuala Lumpur – London awards ~ 70% in all classes of service. Malaysia is a Citi transfer partner.
- Icelandair stopover buddies are back
- National Car Rental is offering elite status matches (HT: Loyalty Lobby)
- “Clearly there is a consistency issue at Masa” The author is modest about their experience with Japanese omakase dining, but he’s been to Jiro’s…
- Blogger Matthew Klint does a great job discussing United’s stealth award redemption devaluation on Fox News Happening Now yesterday.
- Airlines add ‘fire containment bags’ for overheating phones (HT: Jeff M.)