News and notes from around the interweb:
- All (angled) business class airline La Compagnie is eliminating their London flight September 25 and moving the aircraft to operate a second daily Paris flight. Watch for their Paris fares to plunge this winter.
- Read these questions and answers (in the comments) about miles, points, and travel
- New airline fee idea: A Spanish cafe has started charging customers more for coffee and pastries if they’re rude when they order.
An ancillary rudeness fee would be perfect for airlines because would be exempt from the 7.5% US domestic airfare excise tax.
And it would be perfect for American Airlines because the greatest flyers are always polite when their flight is in final call before scheduled boarding time, there’s no overhead bin space left, and they have to gate check their carry on.
- Turkish Airlines inflight anti-coup propoganda
- Republic Airways comes to a long-term agreement with American to provide regional service
- Virgin Atlantic 787s are getting live TV
- Dutch postal service stamps commemorating 100 years of Amsterdam Schipol airport