News and notes from around the interweb:
- Hotel horror stories (HT: Alan H.) Much of this could easily be titled “What’s grosser than gross?” but here’s one just creepy:
When she checked in she was creeped out by the front desk worker, who told her he finished work at 11pm and gave her ‘the best room’ – right above his apartment in the motel.
Things got even worse once they entered the room.
She wrote: ‘We quickly realize the conjoining door to the next room is open and has no way to lock. We see scratches down the walls and dents in the walls – signs of a struggle.’
The deadbolt on the door was broken off and there was no way to latch it shut, and the peephole was covered with plastic.
- 10% off any Etihad flight in economy or business if you book through their app by August 31
- Tug-o-war continues over whether Hartford, Connecticut can have an on-airport casino complete with TSA checkpoints straight from the casino into the terminal, as well as airside gambling.
- The state of tourism to Afghanistan
- American Airlines will close its legacy US Airways Phoenix flight training center next year.
- Spirit Airlines shifting strategy. As long as they don’t shift their marketing strategy…