I receive compensation for many links on this blog. You don’t have to use these links, but I am grateful to you if you do. American Express, Citibank, Chase, Capital One and other banks are advertising partners of this site. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners. I do not write about all credit cards that are available -- instead focusing on miles, points, and cash back (and currencies that can be converted into the same).
The Citi Prestige Card offers 50,000 points after $3000 spend within 3 months. That’s been the strong offer since Citibank increased it last spring. (offer expired)
And now is the time to get the card if you’ve even been on the fence about it.
One Mile at a Time shared that the signup bonus for the Citi Prestige Card will be changing tomorrow, and says he “assume[s] it’s going down.” I don’t have any direct information on what the new offer will be, but it seems like if he’s correct you’re going to be much happier signing up now than you would be waiting.
It doesn’t even have to be a lower signup bonus to want to act now, of course — Doctor of Credit believes it will be a higher spending requirement to earn the signup bonus, and also that new cardmembers who apply after tomorrow won’t receive double points for dining.
The card’s earning is strong. You get triple points on air and hotels and double points on restaurants and entertainment.
These points transfer to a variety of different airlines, or can be used for paid airline tickets. In fact if you use them to buy American Airlines tickets the value is 1.6 cents per point.
Here are the transfer partners:
- Air France-KLM
- Asia Miles
- Etihad Airways Guest
- EVA Air Infinity MileageLands
- Garuda Indonesia GarudaMiles
- Hilton HHonorsTM
- Malaysia Airlines Enrich
- Qatar Airways Privilege Club
- Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer
- Thai Airways Royal Orchid Plus
- Qantas Frequent Flyer
- Virgin Atlantic Flying Club
- Virgin America Elevate
- New York – Brussels roundtrip in business class for 36,620 miles on Brussels Airlines
- Booking travel on American Airlines at prices equal to American’s own award chart from before their March 22 devaluation
Etihad First Class Apartment
Airline Fee Credits, Free Golf, and Hotel Nights
This is a $450 card, but you cover that and then some pretty quickly.
- The card gives you a $250 airline credit.
- The airline credit can be used directly for airfare, no need to mess around with gift cards. (I bought an American Airlines ticket on my card, the credit posted automatically, I didn’t even have to register or pick an airline.)
- You earn the $250 credit twice during your first cardmember year — one during the remainder of calendar 2016, and again at the beginning of calendar 2016
Your Key to Opening Airport Lounge Doors
The is also great for lounge access.
- Get American Airlines lounge access when flying American
- Get a Priority Pass Select card with free unlimited visits to participating lounges, including up to 2 free guests with you each time.
Great Travel Protection Too
It also has great travel coverages including trip delay coverage even if you pay for just a part of your trip with the card (so use it for taxes on an award ticket) and for delays starting at 3 hours rather than overnight which some cards require.