Dublin is on sale in a very big way, from several US cities. The cheapest is Delta’s non-stop New York JFK – Dublin flight.
Ha’penny bridge on Liffey River, Copyright Copyright tupungato / 123RF Stock Photo
These non-stops are available from $293 roundtrip.
Of course at that price, it’s mostly taxes and surcharges — these are 50 cent base fares.
This particular Delta fare is VKXP74US:
- It’s not a ‘mistake’ it’s even called a “SHOULDER SEASON MIDWEEK” fare.
- Travel is permitted Sunday through Wednesday in each direction
- This particular fare requires outbound travel August 23 through October 29
- There’s a 7 day minimum stay (and 6 month maximum stay)
- You may not return to the US between December 15 and January 8
- The fare requires tickets to be issued by July 19, though of course the fare may not last that long so book now if interested.
- The fare carries a $300 change fee, so given the price under $300 it’s in effect not changeable.
Great fares are available from other cities as well. For instance, here’s Philadephia – Dublin on Delta for $308.
It’s more expensive than the New York trip largely because of the extra taxes from the connection. However, the outbound is more expensive — a 53 cent base fare.
Loyalty Traveler suggests there are other great fares, and generally available September through March, such as:
- $307.76 Boston – Dublin
- $307.76 Washington Dulles – Dublin
- $347.76 Chicago O’Hare – Dublin
- $367.76 Los Angeles – Dublin
- $367.76 San Francisco – Dublin
Loyalty Traveler has links to automatically search these fares though I find they’re bookable on the Delta website or on your favorite online travel agency site.